Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Electrical Stuff

Took the cover off the wiper motor areas and cleaned out the debris. Then I documented the wiring, motor and switch. I will transfer my information to digital and post my drawings here when I'm done.

Here are some shots of the area.







I also have been working on my schematic drawings since completing my trace of the entire electrical system .. not a lot to it really. I will need to add a fuse block, signal flasher, hazard flasher and turn signal switch. I will also need to drop the voltage from 12 to 6 volts for the wiper motor and the gas gauge. I will probably change these gauges and motor to 12 v later down the road using after market stuff. I know it sucks, but it will be a pain in the arse to get the original gauges working correctly with the Ford vs Dodge parts. IE original Ford fuel gauge and Dodge or some other make sending unit. Another example would be getting a speedometer cable with original 35 ford gauge running to a Mopar/Plymouth transmission.

Postings here may be sparse for a few days while I plan out the wire harness and gather the parts I will need. But keep checking back I will be posting my drawings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment