Saturday, October 15, 2011

Let's get Electrical

I wired the tail lights back up this AM. I just put them back the way it was when I got it for now. The rest of the day I spent documenting (mapping out) the entire wiring for the truck.


Rear Light

Rear light crossing over to the other side


Running and brake wires running along he frame to the front.


Most of the wires look to be in pretty decent shape, with the exception of a few (twist and tape) splices and a rats nest or two.  And the occasional color change hidden in tape.

Under the dash (gauges) & Switches .....

Light switch (top left)' Ignition (bottom left) & part of the fuel gauge.

Speedometer (left) & Temperature/Amp (right)

Another view of the light switch

Newer Oil and temp gauges (center dash)

Engine compartment ... lights, alternator,  solenoid, etc ....

Junction block/power block for the passenger side headlight


... for the driver's side headlight

Solenoid, and coil ... dimmer switch is behind and below the solenoid. Long red wire goes to the alternator.

Alternator.


The plan is to run all new wires with loom of some sort. Add a fuse box with provisions to handle a flasher for turn signals and a horn. The only thing I forgot to map was the windshield wiper motor. I will get that tomorrow.

Tonight I will start creating computer drawings for the whole system.

No comments:

Post a Comment