Friday, October 28, 2011

Let's drop that voltage!

More on this later ....



I spent a little time this morning running the headlight wires as well as 2 wires for future turn signals.


2 new power blocks ... one on each side. The original had 3 connection points these have 4 with 2 connection points for each. This will make it easy to jump over to the other side for that headlight and signal.



I had went to NAPA and picked up a new dimmer switch, but when I got it home it did not mount correctly so I boxed it back up and it will be returned. I tested the old switch and it appeared to be working properly so I added a jumper wire to the broken spade connection so I could use the middle pin.




Then I replaced the alternator wire with a new one and made it neat. I also purchased a new starter to solenoid cable but have not hooked it up yet.

Man I need to do something with that bracket!



Cleaned up the inside a bit so I will be ready to go at it this weekend and hopefully get the truck back on the ground.



I got tired of putting knots on my head from the running board bracket so I covered it with a sock and shop gloves LOL   Ouch!



Tonight I decided to build the 12 to 6 volt reducer. It came out nice and it works! I used an old heat sink ( aluminum base everything is mounted to)  from a broken PC power supply. This should put out about 10 amps and that should be plenty to run the wiper motor and gauges.




No comments:

Post a Comment