Friday, January 28, 2011

Paint Fumes

Coated the gas tank with 3m Undercoating top and bottom. Then sanded the primer on the shocks and shot them in Ford blue.

Poured vinegar in the tank and it is soaking overnight
Just like new!


Then I took the thermostat back off ... grrrrr .... and redid the gaskets and this time I put thread sealer on the bolts holding it in. I left the water out of the radiator to make sure the water pump was not leaking or somewhere else and this evening the floor was dry ... well other than an oil spot. (maybe tomorrow)



Man I need to clean the engine up ...DUST

NO WATER BUT LOOK AT THE OIL!


Then I cleaned up the garage and swept the floor followed by a mopping. Then I knocked the rust off of the frame around where the gas tank needs to go back in and shot it with Rust Reformer.







Then I finished cleaning up the top of the differential and shot it with rust reformer. It seems like I'm getting ahead of myself a bit with the paint, but I need to get these areas done so I can get the tank back in so it will be ready to move once I fix the trans. I still have a bit more to do in that area before the tank goes in ... you can see in the pictures some spots where I have not painted yet, like behind the holes in the frame and the backside of the X member.


SWEET


Then I took the traction bars off and will clean and prep them for paint this weekend. I should be getting the throwout bearing and pilot bearing tomorrow or Monday, so that will get priority.

Home made traction bars


Where are all of these nuts and bolts while the parts are off? ... soaking in white vinegar to remove the rust. It works! I will try to remember to get before and after pictures of a rusty part so you can see.

PICKLED  NUTS

I also scraped off the paint where I left stripper on overnight ....

Slow process




More tomorrow ....

1 comment: