Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back in Black

    So I went to the auto parts store to see what they had for black paint. They had a glossy premixed quart can of paint for 25 bucks so I decided to look elsewhere. Home Depot was my next stop. Found a quart of glossy black Rustoleum for about 9 Bucks. It was a no brainer .... it is just a frame. I also picked up a can of mineral spirits to thin it.


   

The can said to thin by adding no more than 5  percent for brushes and rollers but did not mention a sprayer. I had read somewhere 35 (I think) so I went with about 25 percent. I added 8 oz of thinner and it did OK. I think it could have been a bit shinier but maybe this paint doesn't get as shinny as I think. Either way it looks good and now I can get it back together  so I can free up the garage again.




    I had a little time so I went ahead and painted the radiator with a high temp paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment