Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Off with the Bed...

Today I removed the bed from the frame... 

35 Ford Dump

Nasty

Not much room left under there.

and took off some more paint...

Slow go but easy ...and cheap.

Lots of dings from its work days.


The plan is to remove all of the old wood from the bed and replace with new, sand and paint the areas that will be hidden once back together and fix the rusted out metal floor. I still need to bang out some dents. Once I have access to a welder I want to put the rear standards back on and fix the tailgate so it can be functional.

I would like to move the gas filler but I'm not 100 percent decided on that yet. I am still contemplating making the bed just a little longer.

I plan on switching from the bed to the exposed frame as I go so one area doesn't become boring. Once the frame is cleaned up and painted I will be able to put the bed back on.

I spent a little time today researching trans parts to get the clutch straightened out. Also looked up the water pump and located a 160° thermostat.

More tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment