Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1 2011: The bed day 7

Finished up shaping and tacking in the other side of the end of the bed. It did not turn out quite as well as the other side but it will work.








Then I had to remove the remainder of the old flooring by grinding out the rivets.





All out now I need to sand off the surface rust.






The end of the bed had the worst cancer of the bed so I started working on replacing that.






The first piece I cut had a narrow end where I got off my line but I did not see any point in redoing it so I went with it. This area will be hidden anyway and its not that bad.






My welding does not seem to be improving much but it is holding together. I may go ahead and get a bottle of gas to see if that helps at all. The stuff is so dang expensive! Still lots to do on the bed but it is slowly coming together. Her is one area I noticed today that needs attention ....



No comments:

Post a Comment