Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wish It were 3 Deuces !!!

Looks good but 3 deuces would be awesome!

  

    The first thing I did today was fabricate the new glove box catch. Works great!



    Then I installed the cowl vent and screen... 



     I spent some time today cleaning up the engine area. I Started by taking the old fuel line (pump to carb) and re-bending it to move the fuel filter down lower. I want to pick up another fuel line and get a neater bend. I had bent this line for one route then changed my mind and re worked it. I straightened up the vacuum advance line as well. This is about as tidy as I think I can make the engine. I would like to remove the alternator bracket and smooth it up a bit. Right now it is a big hunk of angle iron welded together. I will also need to repaint a few things but not too bad for now!








    After that, I had one more rust hole to take care of. I cut it out, cleaned it up, and painted inside to prevent further rust. The I welded in a new piece and hit it with filler.




    I knew I would have some extra filler so I scuffed up a couple of dents behind the cab that needed attention as well. I also hit a dent in the cowl vent that will need one more coat.




    I thought this was pretty cool for those not familiar with the 35 windows. I did not know until I installed mine. If you are driving down the road and want to vent your window ... the first couple of cranks pull the glass back, opening a gap about an inch or so wide before starting its downward track.










No comments:

Post a Comment