Monday, July 25, 2011

Started it up today.

Started the truck today and let it run awhile. Still good oil pressure and no overheating.







Then I cleaned the radiator up a bit. I did not strip it down ... I don't think it will need it. I was not quite ready to drain the fluid so I will paint the radiator later on.




I also cleaned up and painted the inside of the grill with the rust Reformer, then I did the outer area with etching primer.










I also replaced all of the hood bolts with stainless ... I don't know if this is the correct size or if they were even there originally (rivets?)






And I cleaned up the hood hinges ... I wont put these back on until later .... easier to get the hood on and off.






I also jacked the truck up and removed the shifter mechanism .... again! This will go to WI with me and get repaired ... I hope!



No comments:

Post a Comment