Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Starting on the Hood

    Before I moved on to the hood, I decided to get the back straighter. Before I just "toned" down the dents, but it was just bugging me so I stripped off the primer and hit it with some filler. Once that cured I sanded it down and shot it with primer. Now I just need to touch up here and there.





    Then I tackled the hood. I hammered on it for a bit then took a picture so I did not get the full damage. Basically I hammered down the high spots, flipped it over and did the same from the other side. Then I worked the larger areas with heat and a wet rag (cold) to shrink the stretched areas. It's getting close but I still have a few more areas to work on. You have to look close at the pictures to see the change, but believe me it is much better!




     A bit more on the hood tomorrow and then on to the grill! I can't wait to start on the bed! HA






No comments:

Post a Comment