Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good & Bad

I started out messing with the pin in the top passenger hinge. I wish I would not have!



I had been hitting them with PB Buster for a few days now so I heated it up and melted some wax on it the best I could. Beat, bang, pry ... would not budge. I managed to pop the top of it though ... wish I had not. I ended up drilling down enough for the door to separate from the cab. I still have to get the remainder of the pin out. I am almost afraid to even mess with the bottom one. I really need to get the door off so I can repair some rust on the inner door bottoms. I may have to break down and get a hinge pin remover tool from Mack's. :o(


Frustrated with the hinge, I moved onto a rust repair in the door. Same old, same old here. But I will say if you are learning ...like me .... cut your patch metal first to cover the area you want to repair and then trace around that with a marker. Then just cut inside the lines you drew. Be sure and leave the line, if you don't your hole will be too big! I have yet to cut one to fit perfectly yet and my welding still stinks LOL. I did manage to weld it in with only a couple burn though. Maybe I'm getting a little better? LOL






All welded in and a skim of filler. I did spray inside and the back of the patch with Reformer, forgot to get a pic.




Then I sanded down the filler that was on the lower cab and the areas on the door and side. Mixed up some more filler and put a skim across the back and corner as well as the areas on the side.





Hard to see but there was a small crack in the bright area of the photo so I welded that up.



Clean up and room for the daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment