Saturday, September 15, 2012

Running Board Re-Visit: Day 3

    I finished up with the filler today ... Somehow I crept up the fender a ways too. Actually, there was a ridge along the curve of the fender that I did not like so I tapped it down with the hammer and hit it with some filler.









The way I matched the running board to the fender:

    I bent the lip out from under the fender back to where the fender was modified years ago. Just before I go to that point I let it gradually go back under the fender. Then I fit a piece of metal to re-create the lip under the running board. I did not do that last part on the other side but you really can not tell ... I did not need to do it on this side, I just thought it would be more "professional" looking.


If you look closely you can see where the new piece was welded on. Not how it tappers off as it goes back.



    I also touched up a couple areas on the door....

     


 Primer tomorrow .........



2 comments: