Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shiftin Gears

     Today I decided to take that piece off of the shift mechanism and replace it with the good one I picked up. If your not familiar, the part that the shifter bolts to broke and I welded it. I felt safer having one on it that was not broke. I also adjusted the E-Brake so it would hold while I had the truck up on jack stands.

Up on stands

Removed shift lever and E-Brake

Cozy spot to work

Out with the old

On with the new .. in this photo I have the cylinder mounted backwards .. I had to take it off and flip it around.

Back in business



2 comments:

  1. Will be glad when you get'er on the road.
    I installed the rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders on the MG today. Jacked up the front to inspect the front caliper and rotor, the retainer spring for the pads, was rusted into. Pads don't look bad, rotor has fine rust on it. Think I will pull the caliper and inspect the insides. Rebuild or replace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Have fun with those brakes!

    ReplyDelete