Monday, August 6, 2012

P.S. Running Board: Day 1

       Where I left off yesterday:

"Since I had to take the running board off to fix the area, I started working to get it to match the front fender better. I did not get far or get pics. I hope to be able to get it close to finished tomorrow or the next day."

    The above statement refers to me thinking about how I was going to match the bottom of the running board to the fender. I did not actually do anything physical, other than unbolt the board.

    In this reference picture you can clearly see the running board sitting about an inch higher than the bottom of the front fender.




  

    I started center of the side panel at the front edge and sloped back about 11 inches. At this point on the panel had been cut before to shape the top of the board to follow the body lines of the truck. See Diagram 1 below.


Diagram 1
   

    Once I made the cut I just traced the gap onto a piece of metal and tacked it in. The edge was also a bit short (did not reach the fender) so I had to extend it out a bit. I have one small area to fill in. That just leaves grinding and body work. In the pictures below the board is not bolted up so it may appear that the is out of alignment along the top edge. No worries.

    Here is how it looks so far:






   

No comments:

Post a Comment