Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Let's get this straight!

OK the improvements I made today are going to be hard to see in the photos. I started by sanding down the skim coat of filler on the cab. It will still need a coat or two before I am done. If you look close at the pictures you will see the dings that still need more filler as a darker shade (spots) along the bottom of the window opening.







There was a huge dent in the lower portion of the cab that needed a lot of attention so I started on that. First I heated small spots at a time and cooled with water to shrink the stretched metal. Then I would hammer  and dollie from both sides to stretch it back out in places. more heat ... cool ... hammer heat ... cool .... well you get the idea. I have just about finished it up. I should be able to get a skim coat on it tomorrow. Again it is hard to see the progress in the pictures, but the dent was probably a half inch (or more) pushed in when I started and the worst of it was at least the size of a softball tapering off as you go towards the beltline.









They all look like a picture of the same thing, but I took pictures as I made progress. At the end of the day it is almost flat. The hardest part of this is reaching in through the window and all the way down with one hand holding the dollie and hammering on the other side with the other hand. then switch ... hammer from the inside holding the dollie on the outside!

NOTE: I am not positive they are in the right order LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment