Monday, September 6, 2010

Off with the heads ....

Got home this evening and removed the intake manifold, alternator. and the heads. No problems. I did find a temp sensor a wire connector, 2 nuts and a washer along with a bunch of gunk on the top line of the heads where the heads meat the engine! I will call around tomorrow and get some prices on removing the remaining studs and the 3 broken studs.

Now it will be easier for me to finish cleaning the block for paint.

Your probably wondering why I do not go ahead and rebuild the engine and port polish etc the heads? Money and lack of. So I will have to make due with what I have for now and worry about that another time.

I still need to remove the flange bolts from the other manifold, and prep the firewall for paint before the engine goes back in. So much to do so little time :o)

Off with the intake & Alternator .....

Off with the heads ....
Bolts etc ....
Not much left ... man those pistons are dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment