Sunday, September 5, 2010

Broken Manifold bolts ... been there done that!

Ok so this morning I went to the local Sears and picked up a punch, easy out set, and a reversed drill extractor set. Punched the bolt, drilled a pilot hole then inserted and drilled the extractor in. Once it caught it snapped. Removed that and inserted the easy out. After applying very little pressure it too broke. Used the punch to mark a starting point to try and drill out the easy out and flattened the tip on the punch!

Took all three back to Sears and got my 60 bucks back.

Next chance I get I will start tearing down the engine to get the heads off for the machine shop.

At least I tried :O(

2 comments:

  1. That's what I call "a crying sh..... shame" ,the stuff they make these days?????????? Did you call about taking the motor in ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ...Holiday. Took the heads off tonight. It will be easier to clean up the engine with the stuff off.

    ReplyDelete