Monday, June 4, 2012

Tailgate in Primer & More!

    I finished up the bodywork on the tailgate and shot it with surface primer. Then I mounted it on the truck.







    I went ahead and bolted the bed down and bolted the gas tank back up.




    Then I hit both running boards with 320 grit and mounted the passenger side board onto the truck.


 I primed the dust panels and mocked them up too. I will still need to drill mounting holes in these.



    I also mounted the rear fender. I only used 4 bolts (2 to running board and two to bed side) because I have not made up my mind what position to have the fender.




    The running board is shorter than the fender, so I am also debating whether or not to cut it and extend it down ... or just leave it as it is. I also still have some dents to deal with (minor) on the boards.



    Coming along nicely....





    Keep in mind that each part I shoot with surface primer has the major work done. I will still have to block sand and take care of any sandpaper scratches, pin holes, missed areas, etc. I am bolting it all back on so I can make adjustments where necessary.

1 comment:

  1. would you have any idea what ga.sheet metal you bed is?this is jb @jbb2068@att.net

    ReplyDelete