Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday October 16th 2010


I adjusted the clutch out a little more and it seems to go through the gears pretty good with no slipping but I can hear the throw out bearing when in neutral and it also squeals when I have the pedal to the floor. That will need to be replaced at some point before I reeally know if the adjustment is the best it can be.

Also I noticed the bottom hose was broken this AM so I went and picked up a new one from the local auto parts. I took the old one with me and matched it up the best I could. Started the truck and let it run for about 20 minutes to see if the blow by was still there .....The blow by is still there but it did not seem as bad today. My radiator cap is not holding a good seal since I cleaned it up and put it back together ... I need to find a gasket to replace the old one.

I've done about all I'm going to do with the engine for now and I will start the body stuff once I get back from WI in about a month. I can do this with a lot less cash all at once and will have to make a decision on the engine later.

I will try and post info and ideas in the meantime so keep checking back and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you say you turned the engine over while out of the truck ? Could have gotten oil in a cylinder, and has not burned off ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the engine was turned several times on the stand and could have gotten some oil in there. There was also a lot of carbon built up on the pistons and valves that could be burning off as well. I wont worry too much about it until I can drive it for a bit to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete