Thursday, September 6, 2012

D.S. Rear Fender: Day Three

    I sanded down yesterdays filler and did some more hammer work for some high areas. The fender wanted to flex a bit while sanding , so I decided to drill the holes and mount it.

    I also took the opportunity to drill the holes for the dust shield and bolt it in. I went ahead and cut it flush with the lip of the fender as well.






    The I had just enough time to spread some more filler ...








    These fenders leave little to be desired. This one is especially bad. I will definitely replace these one day with something that looks better. I have tried to think up ways to modify these to work, but I dont think there is much hope for them.

I also hate that the bed body lines do not flow with the fender. Hidden on the front side of the fender and way off in the back. I am pretty sure I don't want to cut it out and put in a smooth panel .. maybe a new box down the road? For now it is what it is and will have to do until I have the funds.

I should be able to finish up on this fender in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment