Saturday, September 8, 2012

All about the brakes ...

    OK, well not really ALL about them, but today was all about the brakes. I had recently found out the brake lights were not working and I also knew I needed to bleed the brakes. I assumed the air in the system was causing trouble with the pressure switch for the brake lights.

    Not the case ... First off I removed the bleeder valve from the passenger side rear because it was not letting fluid out like it should. It had became clogged with something. Once clean I put it back and I bled the brakes and still no brake lights. After climbing under the truck I found I had pulled the wire loose from the switch. This must have happened last week when I was bundling some wires near the exhaust to keep them from melting. I will tighten the connector soon so it wont happen again so easily.

      I now have the brake lights back in order as well as the brakes. Everything seems to be working properly, including the emergency brake. I took several trips around the neighborhood today to test things out and it ran and stopped great! Life is good.

    Also, since tapping the freeze plug, I have not seen any water on the floor or driveway ... awesome. I still need to drill holes and secure the other rear fender .... hey maybe I will be able to venture a bit further soon!

    Sorry ... no pictures today. Not much to see really.

No comments:

Post a Comment