Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Door Out of Wack Attack or Out of Wack Door Attack

   I was not up to tackling the driver's side running board or fender so I decided to look at the ps door.  

 If you have been following along, you remember the passenger side door sat out along the back edge. Today I got it back in shape. I used a ratcheting strap with a short 2x4 placed at the bottom of the door jam. I hooked the strap to the top of the door and across to the cab frame on the other side. I was afraid to tighten it to much so I did it a couple times. Each time I was afraid one more and something may break LOL. Doing that helped a lot but it still sat out just a bit. I placed the 2x4 back on the lower jamb and gave it a couple upper body thrusts and that did the trick! Close enough for me! The door also closes much better.


    The first picture is an old photo showing the problem area. In this photo the door was actually not closed completely but you can see how much closer the bottom sits out compared to the lower area.





 The next set of photos show how it looks now.......



 



The canvas for fun :o)~



No comments:

Post a Comment