Thursday, August 23, 2012

Carter WCFB: More Tear Down

    Continued to break down the carburetor so I can clean it. It should be ready to assemble when the rebuild kit gets here. The pictures are boring but they will help me to put it back together ;o)


Home made linkage may not stay.


Pretty Dirty!




One or two of the butterfly discs are slightly damaged, I may look for replacements.

Taking note of the screw positions.


I un=pinched the vent tube ... good or bad .. we will see.



Taking note of shaft position while the butterfly assembly is in the closed position (left)

Taking note of shaft position while the butterfly assembly is in the copen position (left)

Taking note of the screw positions.

Shaft position





That's a Pile-O-Parts!

After I got it all apart I sprayed it with aluminum wheel cleaner then boiled the three casts in water with one scoop of Oxy-clean. Every thing came out clean but the cast iron top and bottom piece came out looking a brownish purple LOL The aluminum center cast had white deposits on it. I started polishing it with a clean polish compound but ran out of time. I should be able to work on it tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the cast pieces yet. I dont really need to polish the carb, but I have time while waiting on the parts. I want it to be as nice as possible before I put it back together. I still need to inventory and see if I can get the parts that are missing.








No comments:

Post a Comment