Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I've Got Gas!

     The more I thought about it, the more I knew I was just asking for trouble by having the gas tank at the back. I originally moved it there so I could run the exhaust on opposite sides along the frame rail.



    Between the shock mounts and the proportionate valve for the brakes and other obstacles, I would have still had a problem. I would have to had the exhaust re ran as well ... more money ......




    So today I moved it back to the front of the bed. I had to cut the frame back out to allow for it to fit. (Just like before but smaller) I will reinforce this the next time I take the bed off, although ti is pretty stable as is.
   
    What I'm not going to do is cut a hole in the bed side like before. I will get parts to have it come out of the floor and probably near flush to the floor. I think just a different filler tube hose with a bend. I may be able to shorten my existing tube and have it sit further down than what you see in the pictures without having to buy anything.






    I did not get a chance to take out the hard line for the longer run, but that won't take but a few mins. and I will be good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment