Sunday, June 10, 2012

Alignment & Some Cleaning

    I spent today aligning the doors. They both drag a bit opening and closing. I filed down the areas, on the door lip as well as the rocker, with a flat file. I had to coax the passenger side a bit with a hammer for a mild tweak. Things like this are the reason I am putting it back together! I would hate to find these out after paint!



    The catch on the driver's side only had one screw holding it in. I thought that one of the nuts had fell off in the body somewhere. It turns out both nuts are attached to a plate and the plate had slid over and only left one nut showing. I slid it back in place and put both screws in and adjusted it so the door would hold firm without rattle. The gap around the door looks pretty good and it closes flush.





    Then I adjusted the other side. This door sits out a bit at the top past the belt line. I.m not sure if anything can be done about that, short of trying to bend it a bit. :/ (Is this what a sprung door is?)




    I still need to tidy up the wires under the dash! It seems everywhere I look there is a loose end!



   I still need to do the body work on these fenders. The driver's side is pretty rough!





    I hosed the dust from the truck and cleaned up the garage. That took the rest of the day.



~ THE END ~





No comments:

Post a Comment