Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Get'n My Fill of the Grill

    I welded in the patch piece on the grill. I did this in two pieces so the body line would be easier to make. You can see I have a couple holes to deal with but other than that .. some filler and it's good to go.





    I also welded in the cut out part of the top. This area should just be a small hole to bolt the shell to the radiator. At some point a PO needed the grill off and in a hurry. They cut this screw out, and cut the opening for the water neck. For the small hole I just backed it with new metal and welded it from the top. This is why it looks like it has a bunch of holes. It is actually sealed. I just need to drill the hole for the screw. Some filler, and this too should be ready to go.
    The was also a hole at the very bottom of the grill that had split. When trying to weld this it kept burning through so I backed it with a washer. I believe this hole is to mount a deflector(?) to channel air to the radiator. It would go from the lower edge of the grill shell to the bottom of the radiator (?) I had a picture to reference but I cant find it! At any rate I may make one.




    Tomorrow I will get filler on the shell and possibly primer. I also pulled the fender inner panels in primer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment