Tuesday, February 7, 2012

They Don't Work, But They Sure Look Good!

Sweet
  


I decided to put some stuff back on the truck today. Since the firewall and interior have been painted, the wiring and gauges can go back in. I started by putting the upper dash in ...


Stainless screws
Not bad


    Then I installed the coil and pulled the wires back into the cab for the lights ignition etc...


What a mess!
I routed the wires behind the kick panel

Cener hole for the oil and temp gauges and the coil wire I made it a little larger than needed for future stuff. Possibly fuel gauge and speedo?


    Then I installed the gauges and hooked up the SW Temp and oil pressure gauges. I still need to finish up the wiring. ....

I debated on putting these back or filling it in. I decided to keep them and if I decide to go with new gauges later it will give me more options.

Back in ... snug as a bug and something about a rug



    I also put the glove compartment door on. When I got the truck the catch for the glove compartment door was made out of wire. I found the original catch when I got the truck and saved it. I need to drill out or grind off the old rivets before I can install it.



    Then I painted the steering column and the radiator support brackets on the firewall.



The brackets are the two black pieces along the top edge of the firewall.


When I have days when I'm all over the place like this ... it's time to make a list!


No comments:

Post a Comment