Monday, February 20, 2012

Primer and a Wheel

    Shot the rest of the cab with primer. I also had to mask off the driver's side door jam.







    Took the windshield out and masked that area off and primed.





    Shot the grill too ....

35 Ford Commercial Grill


    Tonight I taped off the steering wheel and shot my imitation chrome :) ...
( I think this is "The Steering Wheel: Day 3") I still have not identified the steering wheel. I have found some that come close but no dice. I also still need to identify the nut that retains it on the shaft. I did some measurements and I think it is a 3/4 - 24 nut that I need. I have tried a 3/4 - 16 and it will not go on. I would think it would at least try to cross thread, but it acts like 3/4 is a hair to small :o(  The hunt continues! I also need to identify it so I can locate a horn button or center cap. What you see there now is just a mason jar lid to keep paint out of the internals.

Unknown steering wheel

Chrome highlights



    The wheel did not turn out as I had hoped but it will work. I will touch up and clear it soon! Hard to see but there is a small chrome strip going around the top of the center piece and extends out towards the wheel on each side coming to a point just before reaching the outer wheel. Then a chrome band on each side. Again, the center is a canning lid LOL


    Now that the cab and grill have been primed I can fine tune the body work. Once I block sand the primer the bad areas will stand out. A little glaze or spot putty and I should be good to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment