Saturday, February 4, 2012

More Firewall and some Gauges

     I hit the fire wall with 400 grit then spread some glaze.





    Then I shot some more primer and laid a little more glaze ...



    One more coat of primer and hopefully the last bit of glaze. Once I sand this down and hit the glazed sections with primer  I will wet sand at 600 grit and paint.


    The primer takes four hours of dry time before sanding so I pulled the gauges out and painted the housings on the gas and temp/amp (I did not get to the speedometer yet). I also made a new gasket for the back of the temp/amp.




     Once the housings dried I put the  gauges back together. They look pretty good but I do not trust that they will work. I set them in the dash just to see how they look ....







    I wont be installing them yet as I still need to put another coat of paint on the dash. I hope to clean up the speedometer soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment