Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Leather ... I like it!




    This is a dark brown leather. Just plain no tuck roll etc. Looks pretty slick to me. Actually it is one of the back cushions to my couch LOL I like the leather ... I may want to go a little lighter to contras the paint a bit?


    I put the steering column in today. I never painted the bracket to bolt it to the dash so I did not get it all the way in.  Also I still want to make a bottom bracket. For one, to close the hole at the top of the column and possibly eliminating the bottom tube that shows in the engine compartment.
    It's hard to see in the picture but the slot near the top will probably be filled in to smooth the column out. I just wanted the paint on it .... The good thing about most of this stuff is it is easy to take off and put back on ... I will have to grind for welding but a quick coat of ACE Rust Stop Shiny Black and shes good to go!



    I also painted the screen for the cowl vent and pedals. Don't ask why I painted the pedals, I obviously need new ones for the pads .... hmmm I may be able to make these.





    And the underside of the cowl vent & splash pan ...



    Hit the garnish trim with 600 grit and sprayed a second coat....






    Hard to see but I also put a second coat on the glove box door. Once it dries enough to put masking tape on I will shoot the back black.



    While the paint was drying I hooked up the wiring to the light switch and ignition and installed them in the dash. I also removed the masking from the shift lever and brake. I need a glove box .. I think I can get one pretty cheap online. I think they are painted cardboard. Works for me. If you look close in this photo, you will see I also installed the rear view mirror :o)


    Have you noticed the pictures have improved? I finally replaced my camera! Once I learn it they should improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment