Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back to the Hood or ... Hoodsville Daddy-O

    Or, still pounding on the top of the hood.   ;o)~

    And that is basically what I did today. Hammer and dolly, stretch heat pound shrink repeat. Oh wait that looks worse than before ... beat pound shrink .... well you get the idea.
   
    I have never work with metal to this extent. It's a great learning experience, but hard as hell ... LOL It seems, in the process of removing a large dent in the hood, I create a bunch of little ones HA
    I am beginning to understand my dollies and the proper way to use them . I am also getting better with using the heat to shrink the metal. When I put the wet rag onto the heat I try to feel the metal pulling down and remove it when it feels flush. If I leave it on too long it can pull down too far causing a depression.

    Now if I can learn to hit the hammer square so I do not leave 1/5th moons all over the surface ... all is not lost, I can use my finishing hammer to gently peck each one flat ... brought that fun on myself!

  







    I still have the before mentioned moons to deal with and a couple of areas to shrink a bit more and then I should be able to wrap it up ... if not tomorrow then the next day.

  Oh, did I mention ... most of the stuff you see me do in my blog I have never done before!


I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once! HA

No comments:

Post a Comment