Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winding Down on the Cab

I got tons of time in today and a lot accomplished!

    First I sanded the skim coats I put on yesterday.

    The roof ....



    Drivers side cab ....



    Then I put the door on to see how it was going to fit. The fit was pretty good!



   One last big rust area on the lower cowl panel ...

A mess of rust!
Cut out the rust
Wire wheeled then put this rust stuff on it and squirted it all around the inside. Once that dried I shot Reformer in the hole.
Fitting my patch piece.
All welded in!

      Put a skim over the rust repair ...







    Shot Reformer on the parts of the cab that are pretty much done.




    I thought I had welded up this little hole when I did the other side! I got it today....



    I put a grinding stone on my Dremel and got the rocker welds smoothed out and put some filler over them. I will sand this off tomorrow.




    I also found a dent on the beltline and several other places. All of this will get sanded down in the morning, ...







  





No comments:

Post a Comment