Monday, January 2, 2012

Taking Apart the Passenger Side Door

    I removed the guts of the driver's side door. Regulator, latch, window channel etc. Also the outside parts. Door handle and male dove tail.





    I found a large nest of critters! Grass hoppers?



    I also removed this piece of channel. This channel was missing from the passenger door. I have not seen this available online ... I hope I do not have to make it!



    Then I wire wheeled the door and the rubber window bumpers. The door is now ready for repairs.






This was on the door ... someone was noting measurements for something ... maybe to re-skin the door.




    I picked up some of this stuff just to try it out. I turned the metal white just like when I poured CLR on the metal bed floor.





No comments:

Post a Comment