Sunday, January 1, 2012

Take It Off!

    Today I removed the cowl vent for clean up. It is in great shape. The 4 main bolts that were holding it on all broke off with little effort so new ones will be used. The screen that covers the hole was also in very good shape. I put it in the vinegar to soak for a few days to dissolve any hidden rust.



Then I sanded down the floor and seat riser.



When I got bored with that, I removed the rest of the gauges and knobs from the dash.



I disconnected the heat gauge so I could remove it from the dash and I hooked it back up so I would not loose all of the coolant.




Whats missing in this photo .....



Yep ... I took the other door off.



And the steering wheel & side mirror



Here are a couple photos of the drivers side door damage :o(




No comments:

Post a Comment