Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fiddler on the Roof

    I fiddled with the roof a couple of hours today.  ;o)

    I had a skim on the roof from the other day that needed to be sanded.  First I used the orbital sander with 60 grit to knock it down. Then I use 60 grit on a board to level it out. Once I did this I could see the high spots first so I shrank them with heat and water. Then I used a rubber hammer to knock the low spots up from inside by reaching through the rear window.

    Then I hit it with the 60 grit and board again. When I felt like it is about where I wanted it, I use 150 grit on a 4 x 10 flat board.


She was definitely a work truck at some point!


    Then I spread another skim coat on and will repeat the process tomorrow. By doing it this way I hope to get the dents and dings down to where I can use minimum filler.


No comments:

Post a Comment