Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We've got Ignition!

I went out for a couple hours today to see if I could find the problem with the electrical. The first thing I did was double check my wiring. It checked out fine, so I moved to a voltmeter and started with the battery. Got about 11.4 volts at the switch. It should have been 12.4 or better so I took a look at the battery. I found that the hot post had some corrosion so I cleaned that up and put the truck on charge while I moved on to other things.

I mounted the fuse block and reducer high on the firewall. The long bolts you see in the picture were used to make it easier to mount hem by myself. I will shorten these once I know they wont be removed for repair or paint for the firewall.



I did not want to get into the job of connecting circuits just yet so I took the fender that was ready for paint and shot it with rust reformer.






I still have work to do on this fender as well as other body parts but I don't want to have to sand them down again later from surface rust.

After that I removed the charger and fired her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment