Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More Paint Removal

Spent a couple hours in the garage ... I think it's an addiction. I am trying to stay away .. I promise.



Disassembled the driver's side fender. The large nut holding the headlight on was a pain on the other side, so I hit this one with PB Buster when I was working on the other one. It should have soaked in pretty good. I went ahead and heated the nut without even trying it. Once it was hot I melted some wax onto the top so it could soak down and lubricate the threads. Put the socket on it, got a little resistance and then it came right off.



I figure that would be enough for today but the grinder kept calling my name! What's another hour .... These need to be done ...





I cleaned up the the underside with a scraper to start. There was a build up of what looked to be petrified tar??? Also, some alien like cocoons LOL here it is after the scrape ...




Once I got that off I hit the top with a wire wheel and used 80 grit in the areas that still had paint.



I started on the under side but I did not get far ... I really did have to stop for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment