Thursday, November 17, 2011

Let's look at that rocker!

I poked around on the bottom of that rocker to see how bad it was. I got a few pictures of the bottom.







It definitely needs to be replaced! UPS says my new ones will be here tomorrow (Friday Nov 17) I have never done this before so it will be fun and probably a challenge! I tried briefly to take the door off, but something is holding the pin in. I will have to research tonight and see if I can figure out how it is put together so I do not break anything. There appears to be a horizontal pin holding the vertical pin in place on the top hinge.

There is a small dent in the bottom of this door that needs to be straightened and a slight indenture in the middle of the door. I put a thin coat of filler on the indenture as I did not want to mess the door up trying to get it out. My metal working skills are limited, but I'm learning as I go. It will probably only require the one coat.






I put more coats on the back and sanded them off. I left it for the day still needing sanding. Here are some random photos of the back throughout the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment