Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fender

    Worked on the fender again today (driver side). I sanded out the surface rust and junk on the inner side. I forgot to get a picture of this but you can see some of it done in these pictures ...




    Then I banged dents with the hammer and dolly.

    I also welded some stress cracks in an old repair. It also required some banging out, but I could not get it all. Looks better though.



You can see in this picture where the dented portion was. The gold or copper looking area. The old welds made it pretty much impossible to get the dent all the way out without making it worse.

    Then I started a repair on a rusted out section on a corner. This part will be hidden when installed.



1 comment:

  1. A few dents will give it character, if you paint it flat they will not show as much as if you paint it shinny.
    You are doing a good job and not using Bondo!

    ReplyDelete