Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cab & Fender

Today I banged dents on the upper cab for most of the day. After getting out the ones I could I spread a thin coat of the metal filler on it and moved on to the fender.



As you can see in the pictures, there are no major dents but a lot of small dings. So, there will not be much filler used in the end.




The fender is the passenger side that was in some kind of accident (I assume) some time ago. the fender is all beat up and a portion in the front welded. So I got out the hammer and dollie and went at it. I got what I could and spread a skim coat of the metal filler on it to dry.




Don't freak out just yet. Yep that looks like a lot of filler. Actually it is just a thin coat. I bared down on the spreader so there would be no build up. Tomorrow I will sand most of the filler I put on back off. this will leave the small dings and dents filled in with filler. It will probably need several coats to build up the dings. Normally I would not do it this way, as it wastes a lot of filler. But there are so many dings in this old girl from a hard life of work it's hard to see them all.

Here is the filler I'm using....



The dents you see in the first picture, right below the window opening, I am not able to do much if anything. There is a support channel on the opposite side preventing me from getting to it with a hammer. Its leave them or fill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment