Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Cab: Day 11

I started off sanding down the filler I had put on before.





Once I had that sanded down I decided to bang on the roof a little to see if I could remove some of those dents. The ones past the curve of the cab seemed to come out pretty good. anything near the curve did not seem to want to come out. It was as if there are two layers of metal there.



Once I felt as if I got most of it out I laid on another skim coat.





I took the wire wheel and cleaned out filler in body lines etc. While doing that I found some pin holes down at the bottom of the cab. I tapped around with a hammer and the pin holes collapsed into this hole.



I cut out the area and cleaned it out. Then I coated the inner panel with Reformer and hit the weld area with the wire brush.





I ended up finding some more so the hole got bigger.




I shot reformer on the back of my patch piece and fit it to the cab. I used a magnet to keep it in position. In the photo the patch looks flat but I did shape it to match the body line.





All welded up.



I also welded in the hole that was center/bottom of the cab.



I mixed up about 40 grams of filler and covered the weld areas I had just made as well as the one up front I welded the other day. I also put some filler where I installed the new rocker. I did not get pictures of that. Next it will almost all come back off! Oh, what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment