Sunday, November 27, 2011

A brief look at the doors.

Another Sunday cleaning & a quick look at the doors.


I removed the door panels and inner window moldings/trim on both sides.




I found this in the bottom of the driver door ....



It is the piece that the window glass sits in. I have two soaking in the vinegar tub so this makes three. One of them is in bad shape ... I will have to look and see if the one I found is the same as the one I have that's bad ... crossing my fingers!


There are some screws missing from the passenger side. I'm not sure what they were holding but it looks like window channeling is missing. Also a screw is missing from the door handle. All of these pictures are from the passenger side.











The damage to the drivers side door is going to be a challenge to fix ... the dents have obstructions on the back side so I can not bang them out. I will have to cut new pieces or get a dent puller and try it that way.

Messed with the gas again ... I think it is the soft hose collapsing and preventing gas from getting to the carb, I will probably replace that tomorrow and see if things change for the better. If not I will remove the carb and clean it good. Here is the bad hose ...



Back against the wall and all cleaned up for next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment