Saturday, October 29, 2011

Close to wrapping up the wiring!!

    Went out to NAPA this AM to return the dimmer switch and pick up a brake hose .... not. They kid behind the counter could not find a match for my hose  :(  SO I returned home with some connectors and fuses instead.


I nicked this rubber brake hose but it is not leaking. It should be replaced.


Started out finishing up wiring the wires for the headlights that cross over to the passenger side.

Looks good to me!
Still need to bolt down the power block. The wires run under the frame so you can not see them.


Then finished up the wiring under the dash. I still have to decide what I want fused and set that up as well as mounting and hooking up the reducer.

I will tidy this up once I get the fuse box mounted.
Light switch and ignition .. I can see I need to address rust under the dash!
Back to normal!


Put the switches back in.

Painted the knob for the lights with plastic paint. Almond I had at the house for another project.


I also hooked the gas line back up & put the rear wheels back on.



Then I put on a new starter cable, the old one was pretty rough. It should be OK to use as an engine to frame ground.

Starter cable


Finished up bending a new brake line in the front.

The other line was OK it just looked like crap after doing the rest.

Still have to get a turn signal switch and hook these wires up.

Signal wires ready to go!






The truck is wired with new wires and back the way it was when I got it. I still have to mount my fuse box and voltage reducer for the gauges as well as run the single wire for the sending unit for the gas gauge.

Should not take much room under the dash ... now to find 6 circuits to hook to it! FYI The headlights are currently fused via the switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment