Sunday, October 23, 2011

We have confirmation!!!

    When I first got the truck I never thought to look for a VIN on it. I would not have known where to look if I had. Later I found out that it is stamped on the driver side frame rail, although I was not sure exactly where. It has always been a small fear in the back of my mind that it would not match. Well I found it today and it matches. Wheeew! It is on the driver's side rail just before the firewall.



    It starts with a star symbol then a T ... my title does not show the T but he rest is correct. It will also end with a star symbol.

    I found this while ... you guessed it ... removing paint and rust! LOL I started out removing the driver's side front fender and splash pan.



    Then I removed the 2 power distribution blocks for the head lights and unbolted the clamp holding the brake line to the frame.



    Then it was me and the wire wheel on the grinder. I got most of what I could reach or fit into. I will have to dig out the Dremel to get the more confined spaces.



    I finished up the day straightening the two side body panels that sit out from the fire wall. I did not think to get a good before picture, but they were bent up pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment