Thursday, October 6, 2011

Odds & Ends or 2 Days Of Play

2 days of bed work and relocating the gas tank.

I spent a lot of the time looking things over and making sure the stance was right for the bed and figuring out how to finish out the bed under the tailgate.











 Here I am messing around with a piece of angle iron to see how it would look across the bottom.






Here I am playing around with some fence board and flat iron to get a feel for fit and finish. I will not be using these to finish the bed.




I spent most of today coming up with the location and how to install the gas tank. I will still need to route the filler somewhere, as well as extend the gas line and hook up the sending unit.






Some random shots of the bed. I added about an inch of height to the bed to allow the boards to lay flat over the truck fame where it humps over the axle.  I think it gives the truck a cool look.







The fender positions do not sit well with me. I think I may move them back a bit and extend the running board.






More tomorrow .......

No comments:

Post a Comment