Friday, October 7, 2011

I've got gas!

Started the day with a trip to NAPA for some parts. I picked up tubing for gas line and clamps to secure it to the frame as well as a few hose clamps and a piece of gas tubing. I asked about voltage reducers to drop voltage for the gauges but the guy at NAPA gave me the deer in the headlight look. So, I went up the road to the Advance Auto and looked around their electrical section .... no luck. So I asked at the counter .... same look but did get the helpful information of " if we had some thing like that it would be in the electrical isle over there" er um thanks???


I gave up on that quest since I can probably make them for cheaper or get them online. I did end up buying a front end bushing set to use as bed frame spacers rather than using the cedar blocks I had.

From there I went to my local Ace Hardware and picked up 6 new bolts to bolt down the bed frame.  I got 2.5 inch bolts, which work fine at the four corners, but I need shorter ones for the two middle sections.




After getting the bed bolted down I had to adjust the gas tank brackets to allow for the difference of the bushings VS the blocks. I did not like the way 2 of the tank brackets looked anyway so I bent them again.



Satisfied with the tank position I moved on to the gas line. This was pretty easy. I had a tube bender already and it did not take much to shape it to the frame. I used the existing hose on one end and the new stuff at the tank end. Used tapping screws for a couple spots and Wa-LA done.



Still need to remove the old tank bracket and see about hooking up the sending unit.


Old gas tank bracket

Right marked with "E" Left marked with "G" (probably ground??)

Hooked up the exhaust bracket too.


No comments:

Post a Comment