Sunday, October 23, 2011

High Tech 35'

I had been looking at how to reduce voltage to 6v for running the gauges and the wiper motor. I found several online from the simplest to a high power high tech version for running multiple circuits from one unit. The problem is they want way too much money for them. I decided to build my own. I was out shopping this AM any way so I added the electronics store to my route.

For what you would pay for one online you could build several yourself for the same payout.

It is too late to build this today but pictures are always fun ....








I am going with the high power unit. I will go into more detail once I build this. Let's hope it works!


After the shopping was done I was able to work on the truck a little more. I was going to start by moving the truck to the center of the garage but the battery was low so I put the charger on it and moved on to something else.

The head light housing. I shot the headlight housing stand with rust reformer since I had striped it yesterday.



Then I started cleaning up the housing.


The part inside that the wires come up through was loose one side allowing the main shaft to piviot or wobble so I tack welded that side down.


Once I got it cleaned up I shot it with reformer.



By this time the battery was up so I moved the truck over and got it up on ramps so I could drain the radiator.



While it was draining I removed the bolts and hoses so it would be ready to take off once drained.



Once that was off I started removing the fender bolts. I did not get far on that before it was time to eat, so I called it a day.


I'm starting to get a pile of parts. They wont be off long. I do not like to leave it apart for fear I will loose something or forget how it went back on! LOL For now the plan is to get everything I can get too cleaned up and surfaced so when it is time to prime and paint everything will be easier to work with. I should know the truck blindfolded by the time I am done.



Unrelated ..... The few times I have run the truck since torquing the head bolts again I have not seen any oil in the exhaust. I am hoping that cured the oil problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment