Thursday, October 27, 2011

Half Wired

Now that the frame is painted it was time to get down to the wiring. I tore out the wires running to the back for the tail lights. Then I removed the ignition switch and light switch. Then I disconnected everything from the coil, solenoid and alternator. Made up the new wires and ran it all. I also moved the coil from the fire wall to the engine. I also drilled a hole center of the fire wall but lower than before, for the temperature and oil pressure sensor. Now the fire wall is bare other than some holes that will need attention. When I ran the tail light wires I also ran 2 extra wires for turn signals in the future. I am still trying to decide what I want to use for signals.

Crimped and Soldered
Rear lights junction block
Covered and shrink wrapped
Sweet
Yup
Where the tail light wire goes off to the brake switch.
New end for brake light switch
Brake light switch hooked up.
Wires from taillights tucked away
All cleaned up
The coil has to go too.
Sensors moved down wrapped and a new grommet.
Awesome
Nice and tidy
WOW
Nuff Said LOL


I still need to fix up the ends of all of the wires that ran into the cab so I can connect them to the switches. I should be able to finish that up tomorrow along with connecting the gas line back up. Then the radiator needs to go back on. Also I have to give the headlight wires the same treatment.


Back to reality
Sometimes you have to make a mess to clean it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment