Monday, October 10, 2011

The Bed: Day 999,999

Cut and bent the passenger panel. It fits pretty good and makes a big difference in the look of the truck. I marked the holes to permanently mount it, but I did not drill it yet.








Before moving on to the other side, the back end was bugging me. I did not like that it was not finished out. First I drilled two holes for bolts to give more support to the tailgate area. These bolts go through the cross piece and through the bed frame rear cross member.



Then I cut a piece of angle iron and bolted it under the existing piece. I left the 3/4 inch space in the middle that exposes the bed frame rear cross member. It is growing on me. Does that ake the truck a KUSTOM ??  LOL




After that was done, I gut and bent the other panel (driver's side). It fit's good. I did not get pictures of this one but look above .... it looks the same LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment