Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 3: The bed day 9

Bed sub frame .... still working on it.

Here is the metal I will be using for the  sub frame repairs and possibly on the truck frame at some point. It is 3/16th" thick. I had originally picked this up to replace the bed floor with, but it is just too heavy. Wood will be better.


I have 2 pieces this size.
Rather than explain the obvious I will just post pictures of today's work .....

There is a split in the corner of this tab that runs half way down.

Here it is repaired.
Frame is separating on this cross member I took the opportunity to practice welding


You can not really see the repair but it is done

I repaired the sub frame where it was cut out for the gas filler as well as another cut out area ... I did not realize I did not get pics of the first bigger repair. You can see it fixed in the photo below.





After those repairs I went ahead and sanded the rust down on the frame and shot it with the Rust Reformer.





As you can see I still have not repaired the big cut out for the gas tank. So, I still need to fix that, extend the back and fill any holes that where torched in by the muffler shop :(







No comments:

Post a Comment